Help Save Maryland has received substantial press coverage for advocating on behalf of sensible policies for Maryland taxpayers and citizens. Here's a sampling of the recent press coverage:
The Washington Post publishes Brad Botwin's Letter to the Editor
Immigration Reform Lessons on June 21, 2013
6/6/2013 - WAMU 88.5 : News
"License Proposals For Undocumented Immigrants Before D.C. Council ", by Patrick Madden
6/6/2013 - WTOP News - Brad Botwin states "We should not be giving driver's licenses to people who have no legal status here in the country,"
D.C. Council begins debating immigrant driver bills
- 2/4/13 - TheTentacle "Defining the Terms of Immigration Reform"
- 2/4/13 - DC Examiner "Blame both parties for immigration mess"
- 2/1/13 - Gazette Newspaper "Advocates say immigration reform will aid state"
- 1/29/13 - WAMU Radio 88.5 FM regarding the President's New Amnesty Plan for Illegal aliens.
- 1/29/13 - WNBC-4 TV on President's New Amnesty Plan for Illegal aliens.
- 1/28/13 - Washington Post Article - "Dream Act is costly for some"
- 1/28/13 - WMAL Radio 630 AM regarding the Senate Amnesty Plan
- 1/28/13 - WNBC-4 TV regarding the Senate Amnesty Plan
- 1/28/13 - Washington Examiner Blog- "Up is down in liberal policy"
- 1/28/13 - WUSA-9 TV regarding the Senate Amnesty Plan
- 12/30/12 - Washington Post Article - "Divided by Law"
On February 9, 2012, Governor Martin O'Malley's Commission on Immigration released a long overdue report on the Impact of Immigrants in Maryland. With a Commission stacked with O'Malley allies, Illegal Immigration lawyers and advocates, and executives who profit from exploited illegal immigrant labor, it's no surprise that the report concludes that legal immigrants and illegal ones, too, are the best thing to happen to Maryland since the blue crab!
Listen to the WBALradio interview with Brad Botwin, Director of HSM regarding the Commission's controversial findings and recommendations.
The Gazette reports:
"Activists, residents turn out for Suitland debate on hot-button immigration, tuition issues." The story is published on October 05, 2011.
Brad Botwin's letter to the editor,
"Council must ensure jobs bill includes verification of citizenship" is published in the September 1, 2011 issue of The Gazette in Prince George's County.
Al Eisner, Help Save Maryland member, wrote a letter that was published on August 4, 2011, in The Sentinel, Montgomery County Maryland
"Al and El Salvador" in the same issue as Brad Botwin's "Brad and El Salvador". Both letters are reacting to Montgomery County Executive Ike Leggett's upcoming
66-person junket to El Salvador.
Bernadette Zgorski, a Help Save Maryland member, wrote a letter
"Legal Immigrants Welcome" that was published in Harford County's Aegis on August 5, 2011.
- On NBC Washington News, Brad Botwin, Director of Help Save Maryland, doubts the lawsuit will be successful in
"Group Challenging Suspension of MD Dream Act" August 1, 2011.
Brad Botwin's letter to the editor,
"Misguided spending priorities at Montgomery College" appears in the July 22, 2011, Gazette.net
Brad Botwin, director of Help Save Maryland, shows volunteers how to gather signatures for a petition...
"Maryland Certifies Nearly 50,000 Anti-DREAM Act Signatures" June 22, 2011, Elkridge Patch
Brad Botwin of Help Save Maryland comments on 41,000 signatures, or about 75 percent of the required petition signatures, having been validated,
"DREAM Act Opponents Close to Reaching Petition Signature Goal"
in June 10, Silver Spring Patch
- Brad Botwin of Help Save Maryland's letter Nice try, but residents know better in the June 9, 2011 Gazette.net
- Jessica Emami,herself an immigrant, explains that Help Save Maryland is not an anti-immigrant group in Help Save Maryland opposes illegal immigration in the June 8, 2011 Gazette.net
- Fox45 interviews Brad Botwin of Help Save Maryland outside Wheaton High School where Lt. Governor Anthony Brown announces passage of "the Dream Act", May 17, 2011. Help Save Maryland is collecting signatures to petition the issue to ballot.
- Brad Botwin of Help Save Maryland comments on the "Maryland Dream Act" as a bad investment in "Maryland Governor O'Malley Signs Immigrant Tuition Bill", online with video at FoxDC, May 10, 2011
- Help Save Maryland and NumbersUSA plan a petition signing and outreach in "Maryland Opponents claim in-state tuition battle continues", published in The Washington Examiner, May 10, 2011
- Al Eisner of Help Save Maryland sent a letter to the editor of Gazette.net, "Maryland voters must decide tuition issue", published May 5, 2011
- Brad Botwin's letter to the editor "ICE gives Montgomery County early gift", is published in The Washington Examiner, April 26, 2011
- Brad Botwin of Help Save Maryland says the federal "Secure Communities" program is "an excellent move for public safety" in "MoCo Mulls Illegal Alien Deportation Program" April 21, 2011, online in AM630WMAL
- Brad Botwin of Help Save Maryland comments on the Secure Communities program in "Debate in Montgomery Co. Over Deportation" April 20, 2011, online in NBC Washington News. The reporter errs in calling Help Save Maryland an advocacy group, rather than an educational organization providing factual information to the public.
- Anthony Cicoria and Raymond Hawkins of Help Save Maryland in "Prince George's County Citizens Group Opposes Immigration Bill," March 15, 2011, online in Laurel Patch
- Howard Industries hired hundreds of illegal aliens, but only one executive is charged in "Gonzalez sentencing March 3," by David Owens, February 26, 2011, in the Laurel Leader-Call
- Help Save Maryland member, Bernadette Sgorski, does not want her taxpayer dollars used to subsidize their tuition in "At Maryland hearing on tuition bill, young illegal immigrants make emotional appeals," February 16, 2011, The Washington Post
- Help Save Maryland testifies against in-state tuition for illegal aliens in "Lower tuition sought for illegal immigrants' kids," February 16, 2001, necn.com
- Help Save Maryland testifies against in-state tuition for illegal aliens in "Students, activists seek in-state tuition for immigrants," February 16, 2011, The Baltimore Sun
- Help Save Maryland member is "Another citizen disrespected in Annapolis," February 11, 2011, Gazette.net
- Help Save Maryland and Casa of Maryland take opposite stands on Brinkley's measure in "Groups spar over count of illegal immigrants in schools", February 1, 2011, Gazette.net
- Help Save Maryland comments on "back door amnesty" in the Kensington Patch article "DREAM Act Supporters Look to Plan B", January 27, 2011
- Help Save Maryland questions why taxpayers are funding lower tuition rates for undocumented immigrants in "Montgomery College sued over illegal immigrant policy", January 21, 2011, the Montgomery Gazette
- Help Save Maryland has already raised a red flag in "Can Maryland afford in-state tution for illegal aliens now?", January 12, 2011, Examiner.com
- A legal immigrant and Help Save Maryland member values/defends adopted American tradition in "Thanksgiving article denigrated holiday," covered by the Montgomery Gazette, December 8, 2010
- Help Save Maryland backs the Frederick County Commissioners' proposal requiring county schools to report the number of illegal alien students enrolled in county schools in "Frederick considers counting undocumented students," covered by The Washington Examiner, December 5, 2010
- Help Save Maryland criticizes CASA political activism in "CASA de Maryland ramps up political efforts," covered by The Washington Examiner, November 6, 2010